Try my version of tapioca porridge with a touch of Lemon and Vanilla!
- 1/2 cup of small tapioca pearls
- 2.5 cup of milk
- a pinch of salt
- beans from one vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste)
- zest from one lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (you canleave this part out)
- To begin with whisk together milk, tapioca and salt in a saucepan while slowly heating it up.
- Next, scrape out the vanilla beans from the vanilla pod, and add both the beans and the empty pods to the milk.
- Hereafter add the finely grated lemon zest too.
- Make sure to stir constantly – but slowly, until the tapioca pearls become completely translucent – about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove empty vanilla pods.
- In another bowl mix sugar and egg yolk until fluffy and white.
- Add a spoonful of the tapioca mix at a time, to the egg/sugar mass and stir.
- Repeat until everything is mixed.
- Enjoy immediately!