Impress your family and friends, and bake your own homemade soft baguettes!
The outside of these breads are crusty and chewy while the inside is perfectly soft.
- 1 spoonful dry yeast
- ½ cup water
- 1 spoonful honey or sugar
- 1½ tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1½ cup flour
- To begin with you need to activate the dry yeast. You do that by adding the yeast to luke warm water and then adding honey (or sugar). When it start to bubble a little bit, the yeast is ready for the rest of the ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl you add salt, olive oil and flour and the yeast-mix. Then mix it all well and knead the dough preferably for 10-15 minutes!
- Then you let the dough rise, covered, for about half an hour. Hereafter you take the dough out of the bowl, divide it into two and form the two long breads. Those breads have to raise for about 15 minutes under a kitchen towel.
- When the breads has rested and raised, you brush the loaves with water and bake them at 440 degrees Fahrenheit in a pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, when the breads comes out of the over, you brush the loaves with water again.
- Now, they are ready to serve to a delicate salad, a nice soup, dip them in olive oil or spread with a delicious homemade garlic butter! Yum!
Serve to a delicate salad, a nice soup, dip them in olive oil or spread with a delicious homemade garlic butter! Yum!
Keywords: baguette, italian, bread, baked, easy, sandwich bread,