This originally recipe is very old. It has been following my mother – and now me, since the recipe originally comes from her old cookbook she used when she went to school!!! Isn’t that amazing?! – I love it!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup of raspberry jam
- confectioners suger for dusting
- To begin with you add all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Then you mix the dough. It’s a thin dough.
- Now you spread out the dough as evenly as possible on a piece of baking parchment on a baking tray (10 in x 12 in).
- Bake the cake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8 minutes (be careful it doesn’t get too dark).
- While the cake is in the oven, place a new piece of baking parchment on the table and sprinkle it lightly with sugar.
- When the cake is finished baking you take it out of the oven but leave it on the baking parchment paper..
- Immediately hereafter, while cake is still warm, you flip the cake over so it’s upside down. Still attached to the baking parchment you used to bake it on.
- Now you place the warm cake on the new parchment paper that you previously sprinkled lightly with suger.
- The cake is now in a sandwich, in-between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Then carefully remove the baking parchment from the top of the cake. Thats the piece you baked the cake on.
- When the paper is removed you spread out a thin layer of jam on the whole surface of the cake.
- Everything has to be done while the cake is still warm. So you will have to move fast.
- Finally you roll the cake gently, but firmly, together from one end to the other (you can use the parchment paper to get a better hold).
- I like to cut off the not so beautiful ends of the rolled raspberry cake before I sprinkle it lightly with confectioners suger.
Enjoy freshly baked with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
If you are in the mood for it you can add Nutella in it instead of jam and then I would sprinkle with chocolate powder instead.
Keywords: rolled raspberry cake, danish, cake, raspberry, rolled cake, dessert, baked, easy,