Rice porridge is served sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and a knob of butter that will melt slowly.
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 1/4 cup Arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon of coarse salt
Cinnamon Sugar for sprinkle:
- ½ cup sugar1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- To make rice porridge you begin with pouring the milk, rice and salt into a pot with a lid. Both parts needs to tolerate getting into the oven.
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees Farenheit.
- Place the pot in the oven and take it out for a stir every 20 minutes. Be careful you don’t burn your fingers!
- After about 3-3.5 hours the porridge is ready to be served.
- Rice porridge is served sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and a knob of butter that will melt slowly.
If there’s enough leftovers you can turn it into delicious klatkager!! That is translated kinda into Lump Cakes, a kind of heavy pancakes served with jam. But that’sanother one of our classic danish favorites you (also) need to try!
Keywords: rice porridge, rice porridge cooked in oven, risengrød, danish, traditions, christmas, pudding, rice pudding, cinnamon,