- 32 oz pumpkin
- 16 oz carrots
- 1 thumb-size fresh ginger
- 3 cups vegetable stock (I used a premade version)
- half a pint heavy whipping cream
- a pinch of chipotle
- salt and pepper
- Roasted pumpkin seeds for sprinkling
- olive oil
- First thing is to peel the carrots, ginger and pumpkin and cut them in small pieces.
- Then you place the chopped vegetables in a saucepan and pour over the vegetable stock (it will not cover completely).
- Now yo let it boil for half an hour.
- Finally you add a dash of chipotle, whipping cream, salt and pepper and blend the mix thoroughly with a hand blender.
- In a frying pan roast pumpkin seeds in a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Serve the soup with toasted pumpkin seeds and a good piece of home baked soft baugettes.
Keywords: pumpkin soup, soup, pumpkin, creamy soup, creamy, easy,