We used our homemade pesto for almost everything. As a dip, a side, in meat sauces, in lasagne, in risottos, in sandwiches with cheese and with salami and you name it. No matter what, I’m sure you can eat it with pesto ;o)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 oz fresh basil
- 2 oz parmesan
- 2 oz pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- When you make your own homemade pesto, you start by toasting the pine nuts lightly on a pan. Stir occasionally so they don’t get burnt. Set aside to cool down.
- Now you need a food processor, a blender or hand held blender to mix the ingredients into a creamy pesto.
- Add garlic, basil, fresh grated parmesan, pine nuts, pepper and olive oil to the blender and blend it all together.
- However if you want to be truly authentic, you use a mortar!
- You might need to adjust the olive oil to get the right consistency.
- Now, the pesto is ready to use. Enjoy!
The pesto can easily be keept it in the fridge, so do not worry about eating it all at once, however, the color can fade a bit over the days.