Ok, its time to put your imagination to the test and try painted stone art!
Have you ever tried to paint on stones?
This is something that’s fun for children and adults of all ages!
Stones can be transformed into everything with a little imagination.
A ladybug, a bumblebee, crazy faces, owls, hearts or beautiful patterns. You can turn them into cure name tags for your next big party or how about capturing the children’s foot and hand prints? Thats a memory that will last forever!
When its hot outside and we really don’t know what to do, we very often make a chocolate and vanilla ice drink. Its not a milkshake, but its an easy way to both enjoy ice cream AND chocolate. You should try it ;o)
But, when we have cooled down we very often like to get creative. Painting on rocks doesn’t take much experience. No matter the outcome, the painted stone art captures a great memory for that day.
Painted Stone Art
When you want to get started and make your own painted stones you just need to find some nice stones in the size you want to use.
If you cannot find any stones, you can buy them very cheap at for example Michaels Crafts.
If you find stones from outside, make sure to wash them thoroughly.
Let them dry completely before you paint them with a good Acrylic Paint.
When you start painting, it is a good idea to have different brushes in different sizes and for the different colors, so the paint does not get mixed up.
Now, it’s just to let the imagination go wild and have fun with your family while painting your stone art.
What can you do with your finished, painted stones?
You can do lots of things!
- Make them into magnets.
- Decorate your garden.
- Use them as name tags on the table, for your next big party.
- Create seasonal decorations.
- Unleash your inner artist and create a mini masterpiece. (And if you make a mistake? It’s okay. Just get another stone!)
- Have craft time with the kids (indoors or outside.)
- Make paperweights or gifts . . . or give paperweights as gifts. ( I think creating decorated stones for gifts is a great idea. Kids love to make them and grandparents love to get them.)
- Make your very own pet rock (with google eyes, bows, or hair attached)
- Write inspirational messages on them.
- Sell your creations! If you get good enough, that is . . . there are plenty of Etsy shops that feature artsy stones for sale.
- Aaaaaand, a million other things I haven’t thought of yet!