This easy breakfast recipe actually got my kids to start eating the healthy oats again! And I love when they start the morning with a solid breakfast that will keep them full and ready for a long day at school!
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 2–3 tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- 2–3 tablespoons of Raisins
- 2–3 tablespoons of Nesquick Chocolate powder
- 2–3 tablespoons of Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup of milk (or any liquid of your choice: water, non-dairy milk, yogurt or you can even use juice!)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used a glass of my own homemade vanilla yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips (I used a mix of regular and mini chocolate chips)
- Mix all the ingredients in a Glass Jar (14-Ounce) with a lid.
- Store in a glass jar or another airtight container and let the oats soak for at least three hours, ideally overnight.
- In the morning, you can add fresh fruit, nuts, yogurtand other favorite toppings to your oatmeal.
In this case I topped with my own homemade Vanilla Yogurtand some chocolate chips.
If you don’t want to add chia, just don’t add as much milk.
You can mix any spices, sweeteners, or dried fruit you like into the oats and milk – and you can use any milk, non-dairy milk or water as liquid.
Keywords: overnight oats, overnight, oats, chocolate, chia, double chocolate, breakfast, healthy, easy, raisins,