On March 6 it is National Oreo Cookie Day – let’s celebrate with a smooth Oreo Milkshake!
- 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 4 Oreo Cookies
- Whole milk will help the milkshake stay creamy and thick.
- The ratio depends on you, I usually use about 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup of whole milk and 4 Oreos for each person.
- This ratio results in a very thick milkshake that’s hard to say no to!
- To make the best milkshake, place the ice cream, crushed Oreos and milk in the blender and blend for 10-20 seconds until it’s creamy.
- I just use my Magic Bullet. The magic Bullet is so easy to portion for a one glass serving, and all I need is a straw and enjoy.
- As this milkshake contains pieces of Oreos, I find it useful to use the king size straws so the pieces won’t get stucked. It may sound like a small deal, but it’s a total mood-ruiner!
- Serve immediately, topped with extra cookie crumble and a straw.
Note: You can very well place the glass in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving. Keeping the glass cool will help the milkshake stay thick for longer!
Can you make Oreo milkshake with all kinds of Oreos?
Yes you can. Try with Oreo Mint and chocolate ice cream. Thats a great combination too!
Can you use any kind of milk?
Yes you can. You can use any kind of milk. Whole milk just make the milkshake more creamy. I have with great success used fat free milk and even almond milk! Surprisingly, Oreos are already dairy free (and egg free!) so if you have any dairy allergies, you can still enjoy an ice-cold Oreo milkshake. YAY!
Keywords: milkshake, oreo milkshake, oreo, national oreo day, ice cream, milk,