The combination of the sweetness and the freshness with the poppyseeds makes this muffin recipe a need-to-try!
- 1 cup of dark, brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of melted Butter
- 1.5 cup of yogurt (I used my own homemade vanilla yoghurt)
- grated lemon zest from 2 lemons
- a pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
For the lemon-drizzle:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- juice from 1–2 lemons
- First, heat the oven to 400º F.
- Them, simply just stir together all the ingredients in one large bowl with a fork until moistened, but do not beat! (The batter will be lumpy)
- Now, pour the batter into a paper lined Muffin Pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool down for 5 minutes, while you combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Then, drizzle the lemon icing over the cooled muffins and enjoy!
Keywords: lemon muffins, lemon, muffins, poppyseeds, cake, baking,