These small merengue kisses can be used in so many ways and made in so many shapes. It is just a matter of your imagination. For example, if you make one large plate-sized merengue, its called a pavlova. And decorated with whipped cream, fresh fruit, chopped nuts and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, it one of the classic dessert cakes from Italy.
- 8 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- (food color)
- Start by heating up the oven to 250° Fahrenheit.
- Then mix egg whites with salt in a mixing bowl. Mix on high speed, until you can turn the bowl upside down – withoutthe egg whites coming out!
- Now add the sugar – 1 tablespoon at a time! – while the mixer is still on.
- When you start getting a more shiny mass, you turn the mixer to low and add corn starch and vinegar.
- Then add some drops of food coloring along the inner side of a Pastry Bag.
- Spoon the batter into a Pastry Bag with a large star tip (1M Wilton) and pipe out to small kisses about 1 inch in diameter.
- Finally bake for 1 hour, cool down and keep in an air tight container.
Be ready to share you kisses while celebrating 4th of July!
Keywords: merengue, kisses, cakes, danish, kys, easy, 4th of july,