These sweet lemon cookies – for my Valentine are not just cute and crispy but also very easy to make!
And they only contains 5 ingredients!!! YAY!
I love Valentines Day!
- 1 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- Beans from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 sticks of butter (8 oz)
Icing for decoration:
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2–3 spoonful of lemon juice
- a few drops of red or pink food color
- To begin with you cut the vanilla pod in half all the way down from the top to the bottom. Scrape out all the precious vanilla beans. (Save the empty pod for your homemade vanilla sugar!)
- Then mix the vanilla beans with the confectioners sugar.
- Now you grate the lemon peel finely and add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. I use a stand mixer for this process.
- When dough is nice and soft you wrap it in film and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- As you are ready to bake the cookies, you heat up the oven to 360 ° Farenheit.
- Then on a silicone surface you roll out the dough gently into a between 1/8-1/4 inch thickness.
- Now you find a heart shaped cookie cutter, and cut out shapes of the dough.
- Collect the scraps, combine and re-roll excess dough.
- Finally you place the cookies on a parchment-lined tray and bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Now, you let them cool on a wire rack before you decorate them with frosting.
- Mix the confectioners sugar with lemon juice and food color.
- Add more confectioners sugar or lemon juice if needed.
- Next, pipe or brush the icing on the cookies and let them dry.
Finally, store the cookies in an air tight container.
Keywords: lemon, lemon cookie, crispy, sweet, valentines day, gift, baking, easy,