Whenever it is about fresh bakes bread, pancakes, cakes etc. there is nothing better than your own cooked jam. It’s so easy there is no excuse for not to make it. And don’t worry about getting fresh fruit or berries – frozen ones are just as good!
Family favorite strawberry and vanilla jam:
- 1/2 lb frozen berries
- 1/4 lb sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 whole bourbon vanilla pod (split and scrape)
- Cook the berries so they become soft (10 min.) together with the vanilla seeds and pod.
- Add sugar and cook to dissolved.
- Remove the vanilla but dont throw away.
- Blend with a hand blender and pour into scalded jars.
- Add the vanilla pods to the jars before you close the lids.
Easy peasy as promised!
Mainrule: For every pound of fruit use half of the weight in sugar.
Keywords: jam, marmalade, fruit, preserved fruit, sweet, preserve, danish, strawberries and vanilla,