This time the jam is made with of my favorites; Blackberries and Star Anise.
- 1/2 lb fresh or frozen black berries
- 1/4 lb sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 whole Star Anise
- To make this fantastic jam you just need to start by adding the berries to a medium sized pot.
- The berries can both be frozen or fresh.
- Now you cook the berries with the little amount of water and the Star Anise for about 20 minutes.
- Stir so it doesn’t get burnt.
- Next step is to add the sugar, and you now cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the Star Anise – but don’t throw away!
- Now you blend the mix with a hand blender in the pot and pour into scalded jars.
- On top of each jar of homemade happiness you add one of the previous cooked Star Anise.
- Close tightly with the lid.
Keep them in the refrigerator where you can store them for a few month. (IF they last that long, haha!!)
Mainrule: For every pound of fruit use half of the weight in sugar.
Keywords: fruit, blackberry, anise, black berries, star anise, jam, spread,