This dip is made in minutes and makes it perfect for unexpected guests, in front of a good movie, for picnics, potlucks etc.
- 1 can (15 oz) of beans (eg chickpeas or pinto)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- a pinch of chipotle
- To begin with rinse the beans in a strainer under running water.
- Hereafter you add them to a pot with water and boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Next you blend the beans together with the remaining ingredients.
- If you want a more light version, you can use a little bit of the cooking water instead of olive oil.
That was easy peasy, right!
When the hummus cools down it thickens up a bit.
Keywords: Dip, snack, hummus, pinto beans, bean dip, protein, easy,