It’s super easy to make your own hot chocolate from scratch, and much more cheaper than the one you can buy.
- 5 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Cocoa
- 5 tablespoons of vanilla sugar (or regular sugar)
- a dash of cinnamon powder
- When you make hot chocolate you start by adding the milk in a medium sized pot.
- You can use any kind of milk. My parents would say that you need to use whole milk, but I always use non fat milk, just to feel a bit bore healthy.
- It is important that you heat up the milk slowly, so it doesn’t burn.
- Burnt milk does not taste good.
- Be very careful that the milk doesn’t get to a boil. The milk will taste too much of rice porridge/pudding when it gets to those high temperatures.
- When you are adding the milk you also add the chocolate powder, vanilla sugar and a dash of cinnamon.
- Ideal you should heat it up slowly and keep stirring until it’s almost boiling.
- You can see the steam raising from the chocolate milk, and then you will know that it’s perfect.
- Finally you pour the hot chocolate into cups. If you feel for it you can top it with whipped cream or add vanilla ice cream if its a hot sommerday.
Try and top it with whipped cream or marshmallows. Uhm, not bad at all!
Keywords: chocolate milk, cacao milk, chocolate, cacao, milk, hot cacao, hot chocolate,