In less than 20 minutes you’ll have a lovely big stack of pancakes you can roll with everything from ice cream, chocolate, jam or just to eat plane with sprinkled sugar.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 ounces of melted butter (1 stick)
- a pinch of salt
- Heat up a pan and add a tablespoon of butter.
- The first pancake you make always fails – to much delight of the one who can not wait to taste. So don’t worry about that. Its simply just because the pan often is not hot enough.
- Place a blob of the batter on the pan with the melted butter.
- Now you tilt and swivel the pan so the entire pan is covered with a thin layer of dough.
- When the dough is stiffened/baked on the surface (about 2-3 min.) and light brown at the edges, you flip it over with a spatula.
- Bake it for additional 1/2-1 min. on the other side.
Then you repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat until the family can not wait any longer.
- You can advantageously replace up to 1/3 of the milk with coffee or even beer – that makes the pancakes more crisp!
- The dough can be made in advance and placed in the refrigerator until needed (max. leave for 24 hours)
Keywords: baking, dessert, treat, pancake, danish pancakes, danish, crepe, sweet, easy,