You can make Lump Cakes from all kinds of porridge, but originally Danish Klatkager are made from Rice Porridge and served warm, with jam and sprinkled with sugar.
- 1 cup of Rice Porridge leftovers
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 0.5 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tablespoon of Butter (for the pan)
- Grab a big bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Melt the butter on a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the melted butter to the batter.
- Add a lump (about 1 large tablespoon or two) of batter to the pan, and brown slowly on one side.
- Flip over with a spatula.
- Bake on the other side.
- Make sure they are baked all the way through. There is nothing fun in a lump cake with raw batter in the middle.
Serve immediately with sugar and jam.
Keywords: klatkager, lump cakes, rice porridge, porridge, danish pancakes, pancakes, easy, dessert,