The Danish answer to the donut-eating movie picture of the American cops. Here comes the Lemon moon witch is straight translated from the danish name of the cake; Citronmåne. But lets just call it Lemon Cake.
1.5 stick of butter (225 g) (soft)
3/4 cup of sugar
The beans from a half vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste)
1 cup of flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups of powdered sugar
juice from 1 lemon
- Start by heating up the oven to 350º F
- Use a round Spring Form Pan (9-inch) and cut the baking paper round (see here how to cut an always super round circle so it fits every round pan.)
- Then mix butter, sugar and vanilla well.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well in between.
- Now, grind the outside of the lemons on a grater and add it to the dough.
- Add flour, potato starch and baking powder .
- Finally, mix the dough well and add it into the spring form.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When baked, let it cool down a little bit – not too much, and then add the glazing.
Cut the cake in half or in a moon shape, if you are in a kid-friendly-mood ;o)
Enjoy fresh baked. Hmm…
Keywords: citronmåne, danish citronmåne, lemon cake, lemon moon, danish cake, cake, dessert, lemon, easy, classic,