These crispy Oatmeal Cookies are a very classic cookie from Denmark and we eat them with or without filling.
We call them Havregrynskager and they are known for being a very thin and crispy cookie.
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- (1 cup of chocolate chips – if you are in the mood for the crispy-oatmeal-chocolate-dipped-cookie-sandwich!)
- To begin with you start by melting the butter.
- Then you add the oats and let it stay and soak for about 15 minutes.
- While they soak you can mix the egg, sugar and vanilla until it turns white, light and fluffy.
- Now add flour and Baking Powder.
- On a baking sheet with baking parchment you place a teaspoonful! of the dough with plentyof space in-between the cookies.
- Maximum 8-9 cookies per sheet!
- I doesn’t look like much, but just wait and see!!
- Now, bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Finally you let them cool down completely and them store in an airtight container.
You can also choose to dip them in melted chocolate or pair them as a sandwich if you like that.
Store the chrispy oatmeal cookies in an airtight container.
Keywords: havregrynskager, oatmeal cookies, crispy, oatmeal, cookie, danish, danish cookie, crispy cookie, easy, thin,