Here’s another great idea for how you can use your Hama Beads Perler!
Try to weave them!!
It’s something everyone can learn and you can easily put your 6 year olds to do it too – if you help them in the beginning.
After the first few rows they will be self-propelled; o)
Here’s the instruction for a key chain – but whatever you choose to wave, the instruction is the same – it’s only your imagination that sets the limits!
DIY Hama Beads Perler – Weaving
1) It is clearly the easiest if you use a Large-Eye Blunt Needle.
3) Start by tying a bead tightly around 3-5 inches into the string (this loose end you will need at the end when you attach the project).
4) Use always an even number of beads.
Instructions for key chain:
If you want to make the triangle pattern, like I did, you have to thread the beads in this above order.
Pull 4 beads (number 1,2,3 and 4) on the thread.
Thread number 5 and pass the needle through the second (number 3) bead. Thread the needle with bead nr 6 and pass it through the fourth bead (number 1). Turn over and repeat until the desired length is reached. Before you attach the two ends remember to add a Snap Clasp Hook.
Sometimes it is necessary to take a row of, or add in, so the two ends will fit together.
When the thread is too short, tie it with a new piece of thread.
1) Pull 4 beads on the thread.
2) Thread the needle and the first bead goes through the second. Thread again and pass through the fourth bead.
3) Then it should look like this.
4) Repeat: Next bead pass through the second bead. And the next through the fourth bead.
5) Repeat: One bead through the second Bead. Another bead through the fourth bead etc etc…