Are you prepared to celebrate the birthday of Theodor Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss? Try making these treats for sharing in school!
Dr. Seuss passed away in 1991 at age 87, but kids all over still enjoy to read and use their imaginations with his unforgettable characters and rhymes.
Thats why the National Education Association created National Read Across America Day – a nationwide reading celebration that takes place annually on March 2. – in honor of Dr. Seuss birthday.
In my kids school it is a tradition to dress up as some of his beloved characters and honor him by D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything And Read)!
For more, check out Seussville.com.
Celebrate Dr. Seuss – treats for sharing
CAT IN THE HAT 8 LAYER JELL-O TREATS
2 pkg. 3oz Jell-O (Red)
2 pkg Knox unflavored gelatin
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
Sun Cups (Sunflower buttercups – nut free and glutenfree) or other chocolate as bottom of the hat.
Mix the red Jell-O with 1 pkg of unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve.
Mix 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk with 1/2 cup boiling water. Cool to room temperature.
I a small bowl mix 1 pkg of unflavored gelatin with 1/2 cup cold water. After a few minutes add 1/2 cup of boiling water.
Mix the gelatin to the milk mixture, stir well and cool to room temperature.
Now pour the Jell-O mixture in a glass pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Pour a layer of the milk mixture over the first layer of Jell-O and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Repeat until done and let Jell-O set.
Cut and serve.
Here is 10 of his most inspiring quotes:
1. “You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
2. “You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you’re the one who’ll decide where to go.”
3. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
4. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
5. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”
6. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
7. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
8. “Will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)”
9. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
10. “Oh the things you can find if you don’t stay behind!”
And another easy treat to put in the lunchbox:
CAT IN THE HAT CHEESE STRING!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
|If we didn’t have birthdays,
you wouldn’t be you.
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you do?
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you be?
You might be a fish!
Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a doorknob!
Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full of
hard green tomatoes.
|Or worse than all that…
Why, you might be a WASN’T!
A Wasn’t has no fun at all.
No, he doesn’t.A Wasn’t just isn’t. He just
isn’t present. But you…
You ARE YOU!
And, now isn’t that pleasant!